05 sep Systematic: Data Science Intern
More than just a job – you’ll be helping to make a difference
We are a small but dedicated Data Science (DS) team that provides solutions to Systematic’s various business units. In DS, we work closely with other Systematic departments to create value for our customers.
The internship on the DS team involves a wide range of practical tasks related to machine learning and neural networks. In this connection, it is paramount that you can learn about the business logic which is the cornerstone for data. The tasks are wide-ranging, as several different DS projects have been given the go-ahead, so you will have every opportunity to work with different data types. Common to all the projects is that they involve cleaning and analysing data, implementing and testing statistics/machine learning models, creating application logic for serving the models as well as the simple and effective visualisation and communication of results.
Responsibilities and tasks
As an Intern on the DS team, you will be part of an extremely competent group that will involve you in all project phases. You will also assist in translating user and customer needs and wishes into concrete solutions. It is important that you work systematically and keep a close eye on the details. You are driven by the quality of your work, and you take pride in understanding complex solutions.
As an Intern at Systematic, you will be treated as an equal with the other employees. You will be part of our team from day one, and be involved in performing the team’s tasks. You will be able to organise your own working day to a considerable extent, and, following a thorough introduction to the project and domain, you will be able to handle tasks independently and engage in further training within the technology and domains. We will strive to strike a good balance between your personal wishes and formal study requirements on the one hand and our expectations and priorities on the other. The most important thing for us is that you learn a lot and enjoy your time at Systematic, and that you find the job to be a rich opportunity for professional and personal development.
In addition to your team, you will become part of an Intern network with the other Interns at Systematic. The network offers the possibility of participating in various social events during your internship so that you can get to know each other better and exchange experience.
You will also have every opportunity to develop a network across the organisation thanks to the Systematic Employees Club, which organises social events for all our employees. Systematic prides itself on having a corporate culture where it should be fun going to work.
- Ideally, you are studying computer science, mathematics or physics, or studying to become an engineer within signal processing and machine learning, economics and IT or similar.
- Some programming experience (Python) is preferred.
- An understanding of how to work consistently with data.
- Prior experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch or similar) and classical machine learning frameworks (e.g. Scikit-learn or similar).
- You should be able to work independently and also as part of a team.
- It is vital that you have a solid understanding of the interplay between people, technologies and processes, and that you are organised, analytical and motivated.
- You are also proactive, and very committed.
Being an Intern on the DS team is an opportunity to acquire new knowledge and expertise. However, we expect you to have experience with some of the following areas:
- Programming in Python (or another language)
- Processing, analysing and cleaning data
- Visualisation of data
- High-level statistics and mathematics
- Machine learning
- Other tools such as VS code and git
Furthermore, we expect you to:
- Speak and write English fluently. Danish is a plus.
- We work on security-classified projects, and as a Systematic employee you must therefore be able to obtain a security clearance. Read more here.
- This is a paid internship, providing your studies allow.
- The internship will last five months, starting February 2023.
- The internship is basically designed as a full-time position, but we are flexible in relation to your studies, including supervision, project report and ECTS points’ requirements.
- We will be processing job applications as we receive them as we are keen to fill the position as soon as possible.
- If you have any questions, you are always welcome to contact us on tel. +45 8943 2000 and ask for Jan Neerbek, Data Science Team Lead.
- Read more about our recruitment process and what we value in a CV and cover letter here.
Since we wrote our first line of code in 1985, privately owned Systematic A/S has grown to an international software house with more than 1.200 employees representing 27 different nationalities working at offices in 11 countries and with customers all over the world. Our goal is simple: To improve the world with exceptional software. We deliver software and system solutions for customers within the public sector, the health sector, the defence sector, the police, the financial sector and the service sector, and we have more than one million users worldwide. We work on a foundation of trust, where we have freedom and responsibility to make decisions in our daily lives. We are dedicated to making a difference, and dare to challenge technology, each other and ourselves. As a new employee at Systematic, you will be welcomed by helpful colleagues, and you can look forward to both a mentor scheme and all the support you need. Together, we can develop and fulfil your potential and make Systematic even better.