13 mar Systematic: Internship as Software Developer
Dreaming of being able to develop and deliver valuable software solutions that make a significant difference for customers within healthcare, defence, the police or public institutions while at the same time learning new skills in a working environment characterised by freedom with responsibility?
If so, Systematic is able to offer an exciting and well-established internship where the emphasis is on continual development and a good social environment where your skills and ideas are heard and appreciated.
Daily life as a Software Developer Intern
As an Intern at Systematic, you will be treated on a par with the other employees and become an integrated part of a team from day one. On joining your team, you will help each other in the performance of the tasks and receive the professional sparring and feedback you need.
In so far as possible, you will be able to plan your own working day, and we strive to strike the right balance between your personal wishes, your formal study requirements, and our expectations. The most important thing for us is that you learn a lot and enjoy your time at Systematic and that you find the job to be a rich opportunity for professional and personal development.
Become part of a strong culture.
We will equip you properly from the very outset and ensure that you are offered the courses and tools you need to enable you to perform your tasks. You will also be given a thorough introduction to Systematic and the way in which we work. Employee development is part and parcel of our culture, and you will soon enjoy a sense of ownership regarding your tasks.
In addition to your team, you will be part of an intern network with the other Interns at Systematic. Here, you will be able to participate in various social events, get to know your fellow interns and exchange experience. Thanks to the Systematic Employees Club, which organises social events for all our employees, there will also be every possibility for developing a network across the organisation. Systematic pride itself on having a corporate culture where it should be fun going to work.
Responsibility and tasks
As an Intern at Systematic, you will have every opportunity to apply what you are learning in your study programme and to put it into practice. Your tasks will include the following:
- Being co-responsible for certain parts of the software development as well as customer support
- Working with prototypes and innovation, as well as developing new functionality
- You will be part of a Scrum team and use Scrum as a tool in your working day.
When applying for an internship at Systematic, you can state your preferred business area and thus have a say in which direction your internship will take. We cannot guarantee your chosen place, but we will do our utmost to meet your wishes so that you have the best possible starting point. You can read more about Systematic’s business areas here:
- Defence: https://systematic.com/en-gb/industries/defence/
- Healthcare: https://systematic.com/en-gb/industries/healthcare/
- Digitalisation: https://systematic.com/en-gb/industries/digitalisation/
The technologies you use depend on which team and the business area you join. Among other things, you will be able to work with several of the following technologies and methods:
- The development of independent applications, from client/server solutions to distributed solutions
- SOA, Service Bus and service orchestration
- Web service technology (REST, SOAP and WS-*)
- XML technology (OIOXML, XSD, XPath and XQuery)
- Information management and storage (SQL Server, Oracle and Hibernate)
- Microsoft technology (.Net, WCF, WPF and WWF)
- UML application scenarios and Design Patterns
You are not required to have experience with all of the above technologies or methods, but sound knowledge of one or more will certainly do no harm.
Bring your competencies into play
Throughout your internship, the focus will be on developing your competencies, which we envisage are as follows:
- You are responsible.
- You work systematically, are motivated by the quality of your work, and always maintain a focus on the details.
- You are curious and full of drive.
- You take the initiative and are prepared to suggest improvements and changes.
- You take pride in understanding complex solutions and the customer’s challenges.
You are passionate about using your technological skills …
Moreover, we envisage that you are studying software technology, software development or similar. You speak and write English fluently – it is also an advantage if you can speak Danish, but this is not a requirement.
- This is a paid internship if your studies allow it.
- The internship lasts five to six months, starting in August 2023.
- The internship will be a full-time position, but we are flexible in relation to your studies and ECTS points requirements.
- Apply through the apply-button at the top of this job post. When applying, please include your CV as well as your exam certificates.
- We will be assessing job applications as we receive them, as we are keen to fill the position as soon as possible.
- If you have any questions, you are always welcome to contact us on tel. +45 8943 2000 and ask for Christian Bonnesen, Senior Project Manager, or Søren Steen Jensen, Project Manager.
- We work on security-classified projects, and as a Systematic employee, you must be able to obtain a security clearance. This means that you must, at minimum, have a clean criminal record, and have lived in a NATO/EU country for the last seven years. Read more here.
- Read more about our recruitment process and what we value in a CV and cover letter here.
Since we wrote our first line of code in 1985, privately owned Systematic A/S has grown to an international software house with more than 1.200 employees representing 27 different nationalities working at offices in 11 countries and with customers all over the world. Our goal is simple: To improve the world with exceptional software. We deliver software and system solutions for customers within the public sector, the health sector, the defence sector, the police, the financial sector and the service sector, and we have more than one million users worldwide. We work on a foundation of trust, where we have freedom and responsibility to make decisions in our daily lives. We are dedicated to making a difference, and dare to challenge technology, each other and ourselves. As a new employee at Systematic, you will be welcomed by helpful colleagues, and you can look forward to both a mentor scheme and all the support you need. Together, we can develop and fulfil your potential and make Systematic even better.