14 mar Systematic: Internship as Data Engineer
Do you want to be part of the exciting and expanding world of Data Engineering? And are you looking for the opportunity to get hands-on experience in a big, international IT company? Then we might just have the perfect internship for you!
More than just a job – you’ll be helping to make a difference
We are a small but dedicated Data Engineering (DE) team that provides solutions to Systematic’s various business units. In DE, we work closely with other Systematic departments to create value for our customers.
The internship on the DE team involves a wide range of practical tasks related to building data-driven solutions and add-ons to our existing products. In this connection, it is paramount that you can learn about the business logic which is the cornerstone for data.
The tasks are wide-ranging, as several different DE projects have been given the go-ahead, so you will have every opportunity to work with different data types. Common to all the projects is that they involve cleaning and analysing data, implementing and testing data models, creating front-end applications and applying statistical methods for serving the data to the end-user.
Daily life as a Data Engineering Intern
As an Intern on the DE team, you will be part of an extremely competent group that will involve you in all project phases. You will help translate user and customer needs and wishes into concrete solutions. It is important that you work systematically and have a keen eye for detail. You are driven by the quality of your work, and you take pride in understanding complex solutions.
As an Intern at Systematic, you will be treated as an equal with the other employees. You will be an integrated part of our team from day one and be involved in performing the team’s tasks. You will be able to organise your own working day to a considerable extent, and, following a thorough introduction to the project and domain, you will be able to handle tasks independently and engage in further training within the technology and domains.
We will strive to strike a good balance between your personal wishes and formal study requirements on the one hand and our expectations and priorities on the other. The most important thing for us is that you learn a lot and enjoy your time at Systematic, and that you find the job to be a rich opportunity for professional and personal development.
In addition to your team, you will become part of an Intern network with the other Interns at Systematic. The network offers the possibility of participating in various social events during your internship so that you can get to know each other better and exchange experience.
You will also have every opportunity to develop a network across the organisation thanks to the Systematic Employees Club, which organises social events for all our employees. Systematic prides itself on having a corporate culture where it should be fun going to work.
- Ideally, you are studying computer science, mathematics, physics, economics, or studying to become an engineer within healthcare or software engineering
- An understanding of how to work consistently with data
- Prior programming experience (C#, Python, SQL) is required
- You should be able to work independently and also as part of a team
- It is vital that you have a solid understanding of the interplay between people, technologies, and processes, and that you are organised, analytical, and motivated
- You are also proactive, and very committed
- An interest in machine learning
Being an Intern on the DE team is an opportunity to acquire new knowledge and expertise. However, we expect you to have experience with some of the following:
- Object-oriented programming (Python, C# or another language)
- Processing, analysing, and cleaning data
- Visualisation of data
- A high-level understanding of statistics and mathematics
- Other tools such as VS code and git
Furthermore, we expect you to:
- Speak and write English fluently. Danish is a plus.
- We work with security classified projects, therefore, as a Systematic employee, you must have a clean criminal record and have lived in a NATO/EU country for the past seven years. Additionally, it is a requirement to obtain a security clearance when working in our Defence Business Unit. Please read more here.
- This is a paid internship if your studies allow it.
- The internship will last five months, starting in August 2023.
- The internship is a full-time position, but we are flexible in relation to your studies, including supervision, project report, and ECTS points’ requirements.
- Apply through the button at the top of this post. We will be processing job applications as we receive them as we are keen to fill the position as soon as possible.
- If you have any questions, you are always welcome to contact us on tel. +45 8943 2000 and ask for Christian Bang, Project Manager.
Since we wrote our first line of code in 1985, privately owned Systematic A/S has grown to an international software house with more than 1.200 employees representing 27 different nationalities working at offices in 11 countries and with customers all over the world. Our goal is simple: To improve the world with exceptional software. We deliver software and system solutions for customers within the public sector, the health sector, the defence sector, the police, the financial sector and the service sector, and we have more than one million users worldwide. We work on a foundation of trust, where we have freedom and responsibility to make decisions in our daily lives. We are dedicated to making a difference, and dare to challenge technology, each other and ourselves. As a new employee at Systematic, you will be welcomed by helpful colleagues, and you can look forward to both a mentor scheme and all the support you need. Together, we can develop and fulfil your potential and make Systematic even better.