25 Jan Arla: Intern in Legal and Mergers & Acquisitions, Aarhus
Arla Foods’ department for Legal and Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) is responsible for advising and supporting Arla Foods’ Executive Management Team and Business Zones in all day-to-day legal matters as well as in a range of activities including mergers, acquisitions, divestments, joint ventures and strategic relations.
The Legal and M&A department is a highly experienced team, characterized by an informal yet efficient working environment.
About the Internship
The position is based in Arla’s corporate headquarter in Viby outside Aarhus, Denmark. We are looking for an intern to support the department in a variety of tasks and assignments related to our projects and daily work. Depending on your profile and qualifications, you will to a certain degree be able to influence the content and nature of the position but should also expect some routine/administrative assignments.
Specific tasks will include:
- Legal research and preparation of background memoranda
- Assisting in drafting and negotiating agreements, including Confidentiality Agreements, Supply, Distribution, Agency, Logistics and Warehousing Agreements as well as M&A transactional documents
- Gathering and structuring information
- Preparing and updating contract templates
- Improving our contract management
- Compliance work, including sanctions, AML and GDPR
- Assisting in M&A processes
- Participating in due diligence
- Administrative tasks
Who are you?
We are looking for a 1st or 2nd year Master’s law or business law student to join our team full-time for one semester
- Knowledge of M&A is preferable but not a pre-requisite
- More important is a positive can-do attitude and a strong desire to learn
What do we offer?
As an intern in Arla’s Legal and M&A department, you will experience a steep learning curve in one of the largest and most respected corporations in Denmark. We will take you on as a full member of the team and actively help you develop skills and qualifications relevant for your longer-term career goals.
Application and contact
We look forward to receiving your application. Please apply no later than 28th February 2021.
For additional information, please contact Joris Andersen, Head Legal, International at +45 9131 60 28.
We are busy producing dairy products so we can continue #fillingtheshelves and #feedingthenation. Recruiting talent to Arla thus stays one of our top priorities also during these difficult times. Necessity is the mother of invention, so we have moved to virtual hiring and onboarding processes, so we enable candidates and our recruitment teams to get close while respecting social distancing. If at the final stages of a recruitment, a candidate would prefer to meet in person, we take all the necessary precautions to ensure everyone’s safety.