18 Feb Salling Group: Intern in Finance & Development
Are you looking for an exciting and challenging internship for your next semester? Do you want to be a part of a team that works strategically to support and develop Salling department stores and webshop? And do you want the opportunity to bring yourself into play for a position after your internship?
Salling is now looking for a talented intern for Finance & Development.
In Finance & Business Development, we handle a number of operational tasks and development projects that go across Salling’s organization. We work closely with the top management, which we help to optimize and increase the profitability of the company. We are constantly looking for solutions that are the best possible for customers and employees. We work pragmatically and there are short from idea to action – and with the business on the other side of the door, it is possible for immediate feedback from the sales floor, customers and others.
During your internship you will work with
- Controller tasks such as monthly and yearly closing of the accounts, forecasts and budgeting
- Preparation of ad hoc analyzes and formulate recommendations for concrete solutions in connection with execution of strategy and selected focus areas (Must Win Battles)
- Assist in the implementation of new systems and processes, especially in master data and eCommerce
- Setting up tools for follow-up and evaluation of various initiatives based on covering the needs of the recipient
What do you get out of it?
- Onboarding courses in e.g. Excel and SAP
- Responsibility and ongoing feedback
- Training in adapting communication and messages to the recipient
- A unique insight into business operations and development based on a holistic and agile approach, where priorities sometimes change quickly
- Insight into the complexity of the tasks to be solved in a professional retail organization
- Opportunity to build a solid toolbox based on financial analysis, accounting understanding, strategy work and project management
- Are looking for an internship for the autumn semester 2021 (end of August-end of January)
- Are ambitious and want to gain a deep insight into Finance departments strategic role in a modern company and a broad understanding of the interaction across the organization
- Have a structured approach to your tasks and at the same time manages to work at a high pace having a lot on your plate
- Have an ability and desire to optimize and improve tasks and issues you encounter in your everyday life
- Able to maintain an overview in a changing everyday life, where the challenges range widely and decisions are made quickly
- You can write and speak Danish and English professionally.
If you have questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Katrine Hjort Sørensen or Cecilie Bach Johansen at resp. tel. +45 60 67 19 89 and tel. no. +45 26 13 15 18 for further information about the internship.
Are you the right one?
Send your CV and application as soon as possible and no later than 15 March 2021. We process the applications on an ongoing basis and fill the position when we have found the right candidate.
Salling Department Stores is part of the Salling Group, Denmark’s largest retailer with more than 1,400 stores in three countries. Salling Department Stores was established in Aarhus in 1906 and is the historical starting point for the group. Across the entire Salling Group, we are driven to improve our customers’ daily lives by purposefully securing the best products at the best prices in our chains. An internship at Salling Group is an invaluable opportunity to test your theoretical foundation in the solution of practical tasks, where your choices have a great influence all the way out in the organization.