09 Jul Hoyer: Purchasing student employee in Supply Chain department
Do you want to begin your career in an international company with focus on both customers and employees? If you are dedicated and want to offer good service while learning about the global supply chain from your experienced colleagues, then your next student job could be at Hoyer!
We are an organization with activities in Europe, Asia and North America and in your student job you will meet colleagues from all over the world. Hoyer is characterized by a strong drive and ambitions to always deliver the best service to our customers. At the same time we want to be a good place to work – every day – and employee satisfaction is high on the agenda. You are at eye level with your boss and you get to work across both departments and national borders.
We are looking for a student employee for our Supply Chain department, as we are growing and developing fast.
Become familiar with negotiation in Europe and Asia
As our student employee in Purchase, you will have the possibility to learn and develop within several areas:
- Learn negotiation tactics from experienced purchasers
- Work with suppliers in Europe and Asia
- Learn about global supply chain and manufacturing of electric motors
- Develop competences within IT tools – PowerBI, Sharepoint and join us on a journey for transition to new ERP system
- Be a part of a very diverse, dynamic and hard-working department
Great variation of tasks
As student employee in Supply Chain department you will be working closely with your purchase colleagues in China and Denmark, sales department in China and Denmark and the workshop management in Denmark. You will be involved in the following tasks:
- Handling of inventory adjustments in the ERP
- Purchasing of motor components
- Purchasing of office supplies and warehouse parts
- Checking commercial terms of order confirmations from supplier
- Archiving of shipping documents
- Basic data analysis in Excel and updating monthly KPI reports
- Coordinating equipment maintenance and services
- Support process optimization and cost saving projects
There is possibility for taking on more responsibility and be involved in additional tasks if you want to challenge and develop yourself further later on.
A future as purchaser, working with our suppliers
As our new student employee we expect you to be in the last year of your AP, bachelor or master within business, economic or engineering studies. As the student position can lead to a permanent job at Hoyer afterwards, we prefer a candidate that is excited about the possibility to start a career at Hoyer after finishing the studies. You imagine yourself working in future as purchaser for technical products, having direct contact with suppliers, doing negotiations, etc. and you are described by the following:
- You are open, extrovert and not afraid to pick up the phone and talk to suppliers
- You are detail oriented and put emphasis on facts
- You have basic excel skills
- You are structured and a team player
- You are able to work at our head quarter in Hadsten 2-3 days per week, of course with a flexible schedule that fits your studies.
As student employee within purchase you will report to the Global Supply Chain Manager. Strategic and operational purchase activities at Hoyer are organised in our Global Supply Chain department. We have two purchase offices located respectively in Denmark and China.
We offer you:
- Good teamwork
- Modern company culture
- International working environment
- Strong brand within electrical motors
- Committed colleagues
- Exciting and versatile work tasks
We look forward to receiving your application, cv and grades from your current education. Apply as soon as possible as we evaluate applications as they come.
If you have any questions, please contact
Global Supply Chain Manager
Phone: +45 8765 6378
Phone: +45 5196 5125
Application deadline: As soon as possible