14 Sep The Danish Food Bank: Volunteer
Do you want to make sure that surplus food reach socially vulnerable people?
Do you want to meet others in a good community?
Do you want to make a difference to others?
If you can say yes to the above, we might have a spot for you in our team of volunteers at The Danish Food Bank in Skejby, Aarhus.
The Danish Food Bank is a volunteer organization, who receives surplus food from food producers and wholesalers and distributes it to organizations working for society’s socially vulnerable – e.g. orphan children, women and men in crisis, homeless people, drug addicts and refugees.
The Danish Food bank is mainly based on volunteer work, which means that 70 dedicated volunteers ensure the collection of good, surplus food and distribution of this to those who need it the most. As a volunteer at the warehouse at The Danish Food Bank you will be a part of our great team, and your varied tasks can e.g., include packing surplus food for the delivery trucks, receiving and sorting surplus food and keeping the warehouse and delivery trucks up to standards.
A shift is generally 5-6 hours, and we are mainly looking for volunteers on Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the day.
What can we offer you?
- From the very first day you are doing something good to others. As a volunteer you ensure that The Danish Food Bank can distribute 6,500 meals every single day.
- You get a great opportunity to practice your Danish.
- You get training in food hygiene, food safety and lifting technique.
- You become a part of a great team and are invited to social and professional events.
We imagine that you:
- Are not afraid of practical work and have good physics. There is a lot of lifting and carrying of food during the shift, so be prepared for heavy lifts (up to 15 kilos).
- Are a responsible person. As a volunteer you ensure that the surplus food reaches our recipients. Without you – no food. That is a great responsibility.
- Show stability. As a part of the team, you get a shift either every or every second week.
- Have good cooperative skills. You will work with many different people, and it is important that you enjoy this.
Please feel free to contact us for further information or questions by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at T: +4560111623.
We look forward to having you on our team!