14 Mar Systematic: Internship as Test Engineer
Keen to apply what you’ve learned during your studies in an exciting job? And do you like the idea of quality-assuring mission-critical software? Then seize the opportunity and apply for an internship as a Software Tester at Systematic!
About the position
As a Software Tester Intern, you help to quality-assure both our products. It gives you the opportunity to strengthen your skills and to try your hand at putting your theoretical knowledge into practice.
We work in a professional and inspiring environment with exciting challenges, for example participating in system testing, bug hunting, and requirements analyses within software testing. As a Test Engineer Intern, you are therefore helping to create concrete value for our customers.
Life as an Intern
As an Intern at Systematic, you will be part of a team and work on the same level as everyone else.
Your daily tasks will involve, for example:
- Participating in daily Scrum meetings
- Being part of a permanent development team
- Working on and qualifying features
- Collaborating closely with Testers, Developers, Architects, and Project Managers
- Setting up and conducting test cases
- Setting up test environments as well as deployment
- Participating in debugging and clarifying root causes
- Test automation
- Large interface and freedom without responsibility
As a Test Engineer Intern for Systematic, it is important that you can combine a meticulous approach with drive and technical insight. Quality assurance is currently an integral part of our development process, and we are leaders in software testing.
As an Intern, you will build on your expertise as a Tester, and take part in technically challenging and exciting tasks. You will acquire considerable know-how about testing, giving you a good overall picture of the entire development phase. You will learn that testing is so much more than unit test.
What does an internship at Systematic give you?
During your internship, you can expect to gain practical experience with some of the following technologies and methods:
- JIRA, Xray & R4J
- HTML CSS
Moreover, you can expect to learn what it’s like working in a Scrum team. It will give you the opportunity to train your communication and social skills. You learn to work with a wide range of different people, and you will undoubtedly develop as a person.
In addition to your team, you will become part of an Intern network with the other Interns at Systematic. The network offers the possibility of participating in various social events during your internship so that you can get to know each other better and exchange experience.
There will also be every possibility for developing a network across the organisation thanks to the Systematic Employees Club, which organises social events for all our employees. Systematic prides itself on having a corporate culture where it should be fun going to work.
- You are a student and ideally, you are studying software development, information technology (Cand.it), health technology, computer science, or similar at BSc or MSc level.
- You have a flair for and take an interest in analytical tasks.
- You are outgoing and good at communicating with others.
- You can work independently and as part of a team.
- As a person, you are responsible, curious, and full of drive.
- You are fluent in English, both orally and in writing. It is an advantage if you speak Danish as well, but this is not a requirement.
- We work with security classified projects, therefore, as a Systematic employee, you must have a clean criminal record and have lived in a NATO/EU country for the past seven years. Additionally, it is a requirement to obtain a security clearance when working in our Defence Business Unit. Please read more here:
- This is a paid internship if your studies allow it.
- The internship will last between five and six months, starting in August 2023.
- The internship will be a full-time position, but we are flexible in relation to your studies and ECTS points requirements.
- Apply through the button at the top of this post.
- We will be assessing job applications as we receive them, as we are keen to fill the position as soon as possible.
- If you have any questions, you are always welcome to contact us on tel. +45 8943 2000 and ask for Rebecca Johannsen, Senior Test Project Manager.
Since we wrote our first line of code in 1985, privately owned Systematic A/S has grown to an international software house with more than 1.200 employees representing 27 different nationalities working at offices in 11 countries and with customers all over the world. Our goal is simple: To improve the world with exceptional software. We deliver software and system solutions for customers within the public sector, the health sector, the defence sector, the police, the financial sector and the service sector, and we have more than one million users worldwide. We work on a foundation of trust, where we have freedom and responsibility to make decisions in our daily lives. We are dedicated to making a difference, and dare to challenge technology, each other and ourselves. As a new employee at Systematic, you will be welcomed by helpful colleagues, and you can look forward to both a mentor scheme and all the support you need. Together, we can develop and fulfil your potential and make Systematic even better.